Dunkin' Donuts takes to the cloud for customer loyalty
- Dunkin’ Donuts is taking a customer-first approach through personalization to encourage engagement and loyalty according to a company release. The brand reports having sent 1.5 million customers through onboarding journeys and expects to deliver more than 700 million emails this year.
- The effort is being driven by Salesforce Customer Success Platform, which allows Dunkin’ to analyze customer behavior throughout the journey for the restaurant’s DD Perks loyalty program, from acquisition to onboarding to engagement.
- The personalized messages Dunkin’ sends members include educational reminders about program benefits, promotional offers on products the member likes and details on how to make the best use of the app.
With the approach to its loyalty program, Dunkin’ Donuts is proving to be another brand that understands the customer-driven nature of marketing today. A major part of this shift is technology. On the customer side of things, they are in control of what they see, when they see it and where for everything from research to simple exposure to a brand. On the brand-side, data provides insights into this consumer behavior which allows marketers to tailor messaging to match those elements of what, when and where in order to effectively get messages to a receptive audience.
Dunkin', like many brand marketers with physical locations, is looking to integrate the online, offline experience. One way the company is accomplishing this is with the Dunkin' mobile app, which has been downloaded more than 16 million times since its launch in 2012. Leveraging the Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Dunkin' enables customers to receive exclusive mobile offers, order on-the-go and pay from their mobile device.
"The demands of customers today are greater than they've ever been due to the wealth of information and access right at their fingertips, and if Dunkin' isn't delivering on those expectations, our customers will go somewhere else that will," said Scott Hudler, SVP and Chief Digital Officer at Dunkin' Brands, in the release.
- PR Newswire Dunkin' Donuts Strengthens Customer Loyalty Using Salesforce
- Marketing Dive Why marketing should be all about the customer