- Google has announced that users will now be able to opt out of many of the newer AdSense features.
- The change comes after publishers requested the ability to customize their experience.
- To opt out of any of the new features, go to the "Allow & Block Ads" tab, select "Content," and then the "Ad Serving" tab; to exclude a feature, click the block button next to the ad formats you want to exclude.
From the article:
"Here is Google’s list of advanced ad format features publishers can exclude (this is also a handy summary of all the newer AdSense ad features):
- Similar-sized display ads: Showing smaller but higher performing display ads in larger ad units.
- Enhanced text ads: Displaying text ads with performance-enhancing features such as product images, favicons, or clickable arrow icons, etc.
- Expandable ads: Displaying rich media ads that can expand beyond the original size of the ad unit, following a user-initiated action.
- Enhanced display ads: Showing display ads with performance-enhancing features such as mouseover highlights, etc.
- Animated display ads: Showing non-static display (e.g., image) ads, such as ad creatives created using Adobe Flash or animated GIF formats."