Ourcart, the global leader in retail receipt processing technology, is introducing its “Chop” marketing platform to give better-for-you (BFY) and other emerging CPG brands greater control and efficiency in introducing consumers to healthier food and product choices. “Traditional in-store sampling is costly, logistically complicated, and yields little actionable data on the consumer,” says Clayton Baum, General Manager of Chop.
“Chop is a low touch, low-cost alternative that enables brands to introduce new products at scale with incentives that can be redeemed at any retail location. Our platform helps brands collect and maintain control of retail consumer data to fine-tune their targeting, improve their digital marketing and drive repeat purchases.”
During the initial pre-rollout period, Chop was evaluated by a wide range of BFY, emerging brands, and even some household names. Both new and established brands were seeking to stimulate product trials through instant rebates and collect consumer data. Chop’s end-to-end digital platform proved to be an efficient tool effective for introducing new products, increasing retail sales, and soliciting feedback. The bottom line -- Chop measurably enhanced the brands’ relationships with their consumers and gave them the flexibility to impact specific retail outlets, without necessitating retailer involvement.
"Chop has enabled us to target and increase sales velocity at key retailers like Sprouts and Aldi,” says Charis Lee, Senior Brand Manager of dairy-free organic latte company Pop & Bottle in San Francisco. “This has strengthened our business relationships so we can add more SKUs and an expanded assortment of products on store shelves. In addition, we were able to gather first-party data and feedback to better understand our consumers, improve ad targeting, and inform our product roadmap."
How Does Chop Work?
- Promote Anywhere - Chop clients can promote product trials or incentives anywhere across the digital consumer journey - on social media, via email, ads, websites, or using in-store QR codes. Brands can tailor promotional offers for a 100% rebate, a percentage off, or “buy one, get one free.”
- Consumer Opt-In - The consumer is directed to a branded landing page, where they opt-in and receive rebate instructions via email or SMS.
- Locate Stores - Chop helps the consumer find the nearest retailers where they can purchase the product(s).
- Upload Receipt - After purchase, the consumer simply snaps and uploads their receipt. Ourcart’s proprietary receipt processing technology identifies a wealth of data including retailer, store, date, location, product, price, quantity, total, discounts, payment information, and more.
- Instant Rebate - Once the receipt is uploaded, the consumer can choose their preferred digital rebate option such as Amazon, Venmo, or PayPal. Consumers instantly receive their rebate.
- Collect/Analyze Data - In the process, Chop collects feedback about the consumer, the brand, and the product through a short survey. This yields actionable data for targeting, consumer outreach, and repeat marketing. The client can access every interaction via a Chop analytics dashboard.
Chop is especially effective for products that are logistically difficult to sample in-store, such as frozen foods.
Bubbies Ice Cream ran a weeklong campaign with only $400 in digital media to promote its mochi ice cream around National Ice Cream Day. “Chop helped us get over 4,900 people to try the product,” says Bubbies Marketing Manager Theresa Sarna. “Moreover, the customer feedback indicated a 90% repurchase intent, so we knew we could retarget those consumers. It’s a cost-efficient solution that enables us to run sampling campaigns, reach new consumers, alert them where to find our product, and help drive repeat purchases."
Ourcart is the global leader in retail receipt processing technology. Ourcart helps CPG companies, and their marketing research agencies, access rich consumer behavior information and capture detailed purchase data using patented receipt recognition. The company’s new Chop solution helps better-for-you and emerging CPG brands efficiently introduce new products at scale, collect first-party data, and improve their marketing efforts. Based in Tel Aviv, with U.S. offices in California, Ourcart has received funding from Nielsen Innovate, Pereg Ventures, and Partam Hightech. For more information, please visit www.ourcart.com.