Google rolls out new marketing tools, YouTube ad buying options
- Google is adding a Publisher Reporting section in Google Analytics that replaces AdSense reports and moves them to the new section.
- It is also rolling out a new AdWords Report Editor over the next few months.
- The search giant is also expected to restrict how marketers can buy YouTube ads to its own outlets.
In a busy week for Google, the San Francisco-based search company is rolling out new features for marketers as well as making some functionality changes in three key areas.
Google Analytics is gaining a Publisher Reporting section that will include AdSense and Ad Exchange reports, moving where users will find AdSense reports. In an announcement Google said, “We hope that by consolidating these reports in the new Publisher Reporting section, it will help you better benefit from the intersection of ad serving, monetization and analytics data.”
Another change marketers will be seeing over the next few months is with Report Editor, an AdWords tool that lets users view account data in new ways within a browser. Features of Report Editor will allow marketers to: explore their data with simple drag and drop actions; sort, filter and pivot their data to focus on the slices of information they need; visualize their data in pie, bar, or line charts to reveal powerful insights; apply multiple segmentations to analyze their data with finer granularity.
One final change Google is throwing at marketers is taking away options for buying YouTube ads by the end of the year. Out will be the DoubleClick Ad Exchange, and instead marketers will have to purchase ads through Google’s sales team, AdWords or Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, a more automated platform than the DoubleClick Ad Exchange.
- Marketing Land New Ads Section For Publishers In Google Analytics Coming
- Google + New Publisher Reporting section for AdSense and Ad Exchange
- Marketing Land Slick New AdWords Report Editor Is Rolling Out With Drag And Drop Insights & Instant Charts
- AdWords blog View and analyze your data instantly with the new Report Editor
- Wall Street Journal Google to Limit the Number of Ways Brands Can Buy YouTube Ads