Ketel One Botanical pairs with influencers, Drizly for girls' night in events
- Ketel One Botanical's latest marketing campaign, Girls' Night In, encourages women to unwind from everyday stresses and savor time with friends over cocktails at home on Sept. 22, according to a press release.
- The Diageo-owned vodka brand partnered with Alisha Ramos, founder of the Girls' Night In Club, and influencers to create cocktail recipes and tips for hosting themed "girls' night in" events that include healthy meals, at-home spa activities and tarot card readings. People can view event inspiration on the Instagram pages of influencers Claire Fountain, Lily Kunin and Kate Van Horn, and share photos of their girls' night in experiences through hashtags #KetelBotanical, #BotanicalBesties and #GirlsNightIn.
- Ketel One Botanical is giving fans $5 off a purchase of the vodka via on-demand delivery company Drizly through the end of the year. The spirits brand and Girls' Night In Club also plan to host "read and sip" pop-up events in New York and San Francisco later this fall.
Ketel One is making a strong push to boost brand awareness for its new botanical vodka line among urban millennial women looking to unplug from fast-paced lifestyles so they can enjoy cocktails with friends. By partnering with lifestyle influencers for tips on hosting relaxing at-home gatherings, the vodka brand could expand its reach beyond its existing fan base to the three women's networks that total nearly 400,000 people. The campaign's focus on self-care, slowing down and living well will likely resonate with the target audience of millennial women. Self-care is a popular concept among this group, as 72% of the demographic planned to make mental health and self-care a priority in 2018, according to a Shine survey cited by Shape.
Recent research shows that younger consumers, especially millennial women, are growing more interested in experiences than products. Ketel One Botanical is attempting to drive unique, memorable experiences in its latest campaign, while aiming to drive social buzz by encouraging consumers to post about their girls' nights using designated hashtags. The partnership with alcohol delivery service Drizly further embodies the "night in" message and could help encourage sales by providing added convenience.
Ketel One recently debuted a similar campaign around the Emmy Awards. The vodka brand created signature cocktails for the awards show earlier this month and partnered with home delivery service Cocktail Courier to deliver drink ingredients. The brand also teamed up with Lyft on a promotion to offer discounted rides home on Emmy night.
- Ketel One Family-Made Vodka Ketel One Botanical Invites You To Gather Your Girlfriends, It's National Girls' Night In
- Shape More Than Half of Millennial Women Made Self-Care Their New Year's Resolution for 2018
- Marketing Dive Ketel One crafts signature cocktails for the Emmys, partners with Lyft for free rides home