Liberty Mutual's 360-degree Facebook video ad racks up millions of views
- Since launching last month, Liberty Mutual Insurance’s 360-degree-video ad on Facebook has been viewed already more than 4.4 million times, Marketing Land reported. The ad takes advantage of the 360-degree video format to offer viewers three different narratives.
- To create the ad, the marketing team used one camera to film four different two-minute stories – a title section as well as three scenarios on what to do when your car breaks down in the woods.
- So far Facebook is the only platform on which the ad can be viewed, but Liberty Mutual is looking for other display venues.
Video ads are a popular format, especially for reaching mobile users, and 360-degree videos add another layer of creative options for marketers. They also tap into a virtual reality experience, which is still novel enough to grab an audience’s attention.
Liberty Mutual Director of Digital Jenna Lebel told Marketing Land the marketing team believes their ad is the only Facebook video ad that uses the technology to offer viewers multiple story lines within one ad.
The 360-degree video format rolled out on YouTube a little over a year ago, and officially launched on Facebook last September. Facebook is also reportedly creating a stand-alone app specifically designed to view 360-degree videos. In the past few weeks Facebook also opened live streaming video for everybody, in another move that shows how bullish the social media giant is about the video format.
- Marketing Land Liberty Mutual gets millions of views for parallel stories in a 360-degree video ad on Facebook
- Marketing Dive 6 advertisers are already testing Facebook's updated 360-degree videos
- Marketing Dive YouTube adds 360-degree video to TrueView Ads
- Marketing Dive 360 degree video hits the Facebook News Feed