Stella Artois urges drinkers to savor every sip in new mindfulness audio guide
- AB InBev brand Stella Artois introduced StellaSpace, a new audio guide narrated by actor Luke Evans that focuses on being in the moment and instructs drinkers on how to savor the beer, part of a larger multi-channel campaign, a news release announced.
- StellaSpace is a 20-minute guide, on which Evans shares stories from his life and acting experiences, like slaying dragons, along with a discussion of Stella Artois’ brewing legacy, mindfulness techniques from meditation app Inscape and tips from the company’s Master Cicerone Max Bakker. The guide can be accessed through the Inscape app, and a segment is available on YouTube.
- Stella is also introducing the limited-edition Sip & Savor Chalice with “sip markers” to help drinkers savor their Stella Artois. The chalice is available for purchase online. Other elements in the effort include influencer content and unique experiences at food festivals across the country. In New York, brand creative will appear on digital billboards that provide tailored messages based on the weather and time of day, along with wallscapes and taxi-top messaging.
Stella Artois' audio guide and partnership with Inscape taps into the meditation, relaxation and self-care trends that are popular with younger consumers. In a 2017 survey by Dignity Health, 64% of millennials said they use apps, yoga, meditation or journaling to achieve mindfulness, according to Brit + Co.
Millennials are a highly coveted consumer cohort for many marketers, but beer brands have particularly struggled to gain traction with the group. The beer market is slipping, as general consumer preferences are shifting away from beer toward wine. Fewer millennials, especially, exclusively drink better these days, and have broader booze preferences that extend to wine, exotic spirits and spiked seltzers, according to Nielsen data cited by CNN Money.
StellaSpace is part of Stella’s broader marketing push called “Joie de Biere,” which is French for “joy of beer,” that goes beyond product-focused messaging to incorporate cause-driven content. In April, the brand released a TV spot, titled “Les Pockets,” that encourages people to pocket their phones and enjoy life’s pleasures.
Evans, who has appeared in a number of movies and TV shows over the past few years, is a good fit for the mindfulness-centric campaign. In StellaSpace, Evans uses a soothing voice and relaxing tone to urge beer drinkers to “get the most out of every sip."
- PR Newswire Stella Artois Invites You to Gather Friends, Grab a Stella Artois and Tune Into "STELLASPACE" - An Audio Guide to Mastering the Art of Beer Sipping Narrated by Actor Luke Evans
- Marketing Dive Stella Artois urges people to pocket their phones and celebrate 'Joie de Biere'
- CNN Money What's killing Big American Beer?